Greeley Memorial Laboratory Renovation
Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 2009
Greeley Memorial Laboratory was completed in 1959 and designed by Paul Rudolph (1919-1997), former Chairman of the Department of Architecture at Yale. After 50 years of use by the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, this building had begun to fall into disrepair. In 2008, DSA was asked to quickly devise a budget-sensitive renovation for a new Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology Laboratory located in the southwest corner of the building. Designing with Rudolph's aesthetic principles in mind, DSA designed the new lab and an adjacent faculty office with new cabinetry, work tops, lighting, air conditioning, and data distribution systems matching existing historic finishes and improving its details. The process of design and construction was completed within eight weeks.
William Sacco Photos
© 2012, Dean Sakamoto Architects LLC